In its world premiere, “Kismet” was nominated and short-listed for the IDFA Best Mid-Length Documentary Award 2013, and it has kept up the momentum since.
"Kismet," the analytical documentary about the soft power exercised by Turkish soap operas, had a strong world premiere at the International Documentary Festival of Amsterdam in November 2013. It competed and made the short-list in IDFA’s Best Mid-Length Documentary category.
It is keeping a strong momentum on the festival circuit, showing at the following festivals:
- Vera Festival - Finland
- TempoFestival - Sweden
- Planete Doc - Poland
- One World Film Festival - Czech Republic
- International Women’s Film Festival in Seoul (IWFFIS) – Korea
- Istanbul Film Festival – Turkey
- Movies that Matter - The Netherlands
- Sofia International Film Festival – Bulgaria
- Arabian Film DaysFilms From The South – Norway
- Thessaloniki Documentary festival - Greece
- Endeavours Documentary Festival – Singapore
- Cinemazero Cultural Association - Italy
- One World Festival - Slovakia
- Ismailia Film Festival - Egypt
Veritas Films co-produced the film in its UAE section which features scenes and characters in Abu Dhabi and Ras al Khaimah. The film is directed by Nina-Maria Paschalidou and produced by Forest Troop and Anemon Productions, in co-production with Al Jazeera and ARTE, in association with SVT, Knowledge Network, YLE, RTS, Channel 8, BTV, MRT and CYBC and with the support of the Media Programme of the EU, the Croatian and Bulgarian Film Centres.
Watch the trailer here.